View Single Post
Old 04-12-24, 11:12 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3216 Post(s)
Liked 1,755 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I am not saying it was OK I am saying. those people thought it was OK at the time. ... so yes now people recognize it was wrong but at that time it was fine in that circle. Our opinions may have changed in that time and certainly in some degrees the UCI has changed (though bike weights are still high) but what happened back then hasn't changed it was as it was

Again I not saying doping is OK, I am saying at the time in the pro peloton they thought it was OK.
You keep saying that, but it is not true.

They'd been doing anti-doping testing of riders at the TdF since the 1960s. When Lance won in '99 and every subsequent year, doping was illegal and he was using illegal substances. His being stripped of the wins was not a retroactive application of new rules or new morality: he broke the rules as they were each time he won.

As far as what your twisted excuses are apologizing for, I really don't know, but it's something. It could be for Lance, it could be Trek, it could be for some family or friend of yours who was involved, it could be a gnawing sense of resentment knowing people out there might look down on you for riding a Trek even though you spent a lot of money on it...I dunno. What I do know is that whatever you're on about is irrelevant to my position, because I dislike Trek for what they did to Lemond.