View Single Post
Old 04-12-24, 12:15 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4579 Post(s)
Liked 5,120 Times in 3,162 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
The reality was that a large majority of the peloton was doping. It was pretty much considered standard operating procedure at the time, and it's been well documented. Was Lance on something that others weren't? Probably. Anyone believing that everyone else was clean is just willful ignorance, at this point. If you hate Lance for his doping use, that's fine. Personally, I have less issue with that aspect than I do with how he treated those around him during that time (including his influence in the Trek-Lemond situation). That said, during those years, I sure liked watching him race bicycles. I was quite disappointed to find out what an @$$hole he really was.

Yeah I agree the doping was almost mandatory in that era and that wasn’t LA’s fault. But his arrogance and conceit was on another level. I guess that was what eventually led to his downfall too. Looking back I would blame the dodgy team owners and their docs for what the sport became. Not the young riders who just did what they thought was necessary.
Likes For PeteHski: