View Single Post
Old 04-13-24, 02:41 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4485 Post(s)
Liked 4,158 Times in 2,782 Posts
I use Shimano MTB shoes and like them quite a bit. I guess they could be just a hair or two wider but overall I have had them for years and they are great. For pure flat shoes I have a pair of Crank Brothers shoes which generally have been comfortable but my last MTB ride in them did give me some foot trouble and I am unsure why so I cannot really recommend them at this point but they are nice looking shoes and generally have felt good so maybe it was a fluke or my feet were swollen from something or part of my body was like we don't want to ride today even though my brain was like let's go!

Get good shoes, be comfortable in them ride them lots and the price won't ever be an issue. People agonize of pricing and then get something they might not be as satisfied with and spend more to replace when just getting the right thing from the start is the way to go. Unless living paycheck to paycheck most people won't notice $100-300 gone once in a while and years down the road when you are still wearing the shoes you will be like damn they were only that much...