View Single Post
Old 04-13-24, 02:47 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4524 Post(s)
Liked 4,230 Times in 2,830 Posts
I recommend a handbuilt wheel from a known trusted wheel builder and tell them what you want, what you are doing, what you are carrying...and have them help select something for you. I have never regretted a handbuilt wheel purchase they have all been good*. They last a long time and I don't think any of them have needed a true though I do make sure to check them and check tension (at least by hand) once and while and no issues.

*Aside from one I screwed up on which was quickly and easily remedied with a boost kit and some slight redishing and that was because I needed boost rear and non-boost 12x100 front and when they sent the approval I was overly excited and didn't notice they had corrected what they thought was an error on my part which actually wasn't so it was non-boost on both. I approved it and didn't realize it was incorrectly spaced till a month or so after I had received it and since it was me who didn't notice I didn't feel right trying to send it back. I am sure Astral would have happily helped out though had I wanted to do that.