Old 04-14-24, 03:34 PM
Mtbgrvbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thank you very much for your comments. You’re right; I know they are expensive, and that’s what has held me back from spending so much on those bicycles. That’s why I’ve been researching forums on these topics to make the right purchase. I think I might be getting too caught up in brand names rather than focusing on what I truly need. Upon reflection, I realize I need a simpler bicycle, but I’m not sure which one is right for starting in the world of gravel riding. I’ve been contemplating my choices quite a bit.

Regarding size, I’ve visited several bike shops, and the ones I’ve found most suitable are Trek, Specialized, and Giant. Based on my height (172 cm), I’ve test-ridden these bikes, and I know that a frame size of S or 54 suits me. Specifically, at Trek, they offered me the basic gravel variety, the Checkpoint, which I used as a reference point when exploring other brands. I also noticed the Giant Revolt 1, which caught my attention , but I leaned more toward the Checkpoint to get an idea of prices.

Speaking of more basic gravel bikes, I’ve seen that prices start around $1500. Compared to the $200 I spent on my first bike, that seemed like a lot. Considering that I’m investing significantly in a bicycle, I want it to last a long time, so I set a maximum budget of $3000.

As for test-riding the bikes, that’s a good point. I believe it would be a great way to determine if I feel comfortable on a particular bike. Unfortunately, I haven’t had many opportunities to ride them outside of the store, but I’ll actively seek out chances to try these types of bikes to see if the riding experience aligns with what I’m looking for.

I greatly appreciate your comment and would be grateful for any recommendation of a more basic gravel bike that performs well. I would really appreciate it. I’ve been looking at the recommendation that Chaadster gave me, and it seemed very interesting. I wasn’t familiar with the brand, so I hadn’t considered other options.

Thanks Steve B i also believe that buying a bicycle online is quite risky. I’ve noticed that Canyon has a good reputation for deliveries, but I’m afraid I might not feel comfortable with it. I’d like to try it before making a purchase, which is why I’ve had many doubts. I would appreciate any recommendations, and thank you for your comment; it’s been very helpful. 🚲👍

And I apologize for the previous response; I’ve edited it. I wrote too much and only responded without realizing how long it was my comment.

Last edited by Mtbgrvbiker; 04-14-24 at 03:44 PM.