View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 07:20 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4518 Post(s)
Liked 4,215 Times in 2,822 Posts
Originally Posted by ericoseveins
Apparently the Coda comes in both Reynolds 520 and aluminum. Kind of bizarre marketing.
I have never seen an aluminum Coda, I know they did/do a threaded version at one point with Tourney but I have yet to see an aluminum Jamis Coda. They use aluminum parts on it but having worked at a Jamis dealer for 9 years I never saw one and any of the older versions (pre me working there) that have come in have all been steel. The Allegro is the aluminum model and I don't think that has ever changed. There might be some sellers that are mislabeling it but the Coda as far as I know has been steel and is still steel and hopefully will never not be steel (unless they go Titanium which would be fine as well)

Originally Posted by erileykc
The magnet test says this is true, thanks. Not sure why I thought it was aluminum.
It happens our intern swore his aluminum Specialized was steel because it is a DH bike and DH bikes are heavy and people have this assumption that steel must be the heaviest when it is not always the case. The Coda has generally been a great bike!