View Single Post
Old 04-15-24, 07:13 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Liked 3,657 Times in 2,203 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Never been to a Cabelas and have no intention to ever go there. I wouldn't doubt they are selling crap they seem like that sort of place most big box stores will sell BSOs or maybe some accessories and such. Why not try to make money.
Some of the best, most durable, longest lasting outdoor gear I own has been purchased at Cabelas. You've obviously never set foot in one as they sell many brand names and lots of high quality, high end outdoor gear. Typically very knowledgeable staff in any given department. Sure bikes are not their target market, but they see lots of customers and are often a "destination" stop for people who don't have one nearby. Actually really nice stores. The one by me has an awesome wildlife diorama, aquarium, and restaurant. they sell everything from boats to bullets, travel, taxidermy, gunsmithing, really full service outdoor company which donates to many outdoor conservation groups. Maybe they're just not for someone who only is into bikes.