View Single Post
Old 04-15-24, 07:22 PM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Unpaved ground can be quite hard (it can also be a bit softer but not some fluffy pillow to protect your head) and most people are not falling on animals or water and in the water such as for kayaking and white water rafting people do wear helmets.
Paddlers wear helmets due to submerged rocks, not due to your imagined hardness of water. Water doesn't get hard until you jump off a bridge. Cyclists do collide with animals. But the point is, your statement that everything is harder than a skull was demonstrable nonsense.

Helmets have been proven effective. Despite it increasing the "effective size of your "head"" they do help prevent impacts and are not just plastic but specifically designed foams to protect you.
You are babbling complete nonsense now -- some of which I elided to save you further embarrassment. Go have a coffee or whatever you require, and get your head straight before continuing. A helmet cannot prevent an impact -- that is a physical impossibility. Stop wasting my time with such garbage.

Real helmets? What perchance is a real helmet and what is a fake helmet?
Read the last page or so. This has been covered. A real helmet is Snell M or SA rated, or the European equivalents which I no longer recall by heart. "Fake" helmets are the ~200 gram plastic hats currently sold under the guise of "bicycle helmets", which offer no benefit.

However again saying one is bad and one is good kind of undercuts your argument because it seems as if you are advocating for one based on the same argument you are advocating against the other.
Again, I invite you to coffee-up and read the last couple pages. The point, which has been made repeatedly, is that real helmets offer a safety benefit to the wearer, and bicycle helmets do not.

Also just curious about your studies, you mention studies and so far I haven't seen links to STUDIES from you.
Do you need an all-capital-letters study to help you look up the relevant statistics, which are all available from the NHTSA? If you are honestly unaware of the relevant statistics, and not just further wasting our time by trolling, why are you even participating in this discussion? The absolute basic information that a person should be in-possession of, before attempting to discuss the alleged merits of bicycle helmets, is how well they accomplish their alleged function. Do you mean to tell me that you have never bothered to do the very first bit of research that must necessarily precede intelligent discussion on this topic?