Old 04-15-24, 09:19 PM
Koyote

Liked 11,393 Times in 4,865 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtracer
I've only used relatively inexpensive bibs and tights. But they have done the job well. I've worn out some pairs out, but only after 2-3 seasons. Some of the inexpensive jerseys are starting to fade a little, but again this is after 4-5 seasons.
That’s another area in which quality really pays off: durability. I don’t know how much riding you did in those bibs and tights in two or three seasons, but I get a lot of hard use out of more expensive bibs. I’ve got two pair of Rapha bibshorts that I bought about seven years ago and have worn quite heavily – – I’ve probably averaged at least 1500 miles per year in each pair. They are just now starting to show a bit of wear and tear. Ditto for a pair of Assos jerseys that I bought a long time ago – – after 10 years of very hard use, one of the zippers failed but was easily replaced, for about $10, by a local seamstress. Otherwise, the jerseys were still in terrific shape.

I’d rather buy good stuff once and enjoy it for a long time then buy a lot of cheap nasty junk that doesn’t even last very long.
Likes For Koyote: