cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2440 Post(s)
Liked 4,456 Times in 2,111 Posts
Originally Posted by RustyJames
- I don’t make offers until I see the item in person.
^ This. I can't recall how many times I've had this conversation:

"Do you still have it?"
"Yes."
"Will you take X?"
*sighs, I want to get rid of whatever it is* "Yes, if you come today."
"Where are you?"
*Just south of [provides nearby intersection]*
"Oh. I'm in [county 75 miles away]. Far."

At this point, anyone making an offer before they ask where it is just gets ignored unless they really show some indication that they're going to follow through.

Then there's this one, which really ticks the BS meter for me:

"Do you still have X?"
"Yes."
"Will you bring it to me?"
"No. I don't even know where you are."

Mind you, our county is so big that it is larger in square mileage than Rhode Island or Delaware. To make it even more outrageous, many of these people (per their profile) are messaging from the next county to the north. I won't deliver at all, period, but if someone asks this before telling me where they are, I almost always leave the chat immediately.

There's another thing: 10 years ago, younger people visiting Miami wouldn't think twice about hopping on a bus to get a bike. Now, with UBER and Lyft at their fingertips, they whine that getting from their place to here is "too difficult." Give me a break!

Originally Posted by madpogue
I NEVER sell from home. I VERY rarely sell to the buyer's home. My ads always end with "Cash only. We can meet in a public place (blah blah)....."
It's amazing how regions differ. "Meet in a location" down here equals this:

I won't do them anymore at all. They're almost guaranteed no-shows.

The most recent one that did show up was 30 minutes late after being a no-show. It was the sketchy guy trying to sell a Jaguar XJS as I noted in this thread. When we finally got to the storage unit, he was unable to unlock the storage gates, claiming "they're usually never locked!" What utter BS.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 04-16-24 at 02:05 PM.