View Single Post
Old 04-17-24, 06:32 AM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2754 Post(s)
Liked 3,422 Times in 2,071 Posts
Originally Posted by RB1-luvr
My initial experience with Fb Marketplace was very good, for about 1-2 years. Recently, all I get are "is this available" despite the ad stating that I will not reply to that question. Additionally, I've been getting offers, to which I agree to, then a thumbs up emoji, and no other reply.

oh, and then I've gotten two shady long-distance requests recently where they want to pay for it but will "send their brother-in-law to get it when he's in my area in two weeks". ya, no.

Infuriating.

Or the "I'll send my driver with a check, money order or similar" I just answer send your driver with cash and never hear from them again. Scammers, most are pretty easy to see. One of my first sales was to a guy in Nashville (I'm in WI) I looked at his profile and he owned an architectural salvage business which was the items he was looking at . Otherwise I'm leary of out of state inquiries on larger items that aren't exactly put in a box and ship.