View Single Post
Old 04-18-24, 06:47 AM
Pompiere

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 310, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem, 1992 Performance Parabola, 1987 Ross Mt. Hood, 1988 Schwinn LeTour, 1988 Trek 400T, 1981 Fuji S12-S LTD, 197? FW Evans

Liked 1,097 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by bikamper
Mistakes were made by getting rid of my old Troy-Bilt garden tractor last year yet keeping the tow behind lawn equipment. The zero turn mower, while the catsass in mowing the lawn in one third the time of the old tractor, has an engine between my arm and the levers to raise, lower, or stop the equipment. I can't reach it. So I threw together an extension handle using metal from my experience pile, hack saws, a drill press and stick welder. Right now, it looks like hell, but functional AND removable. A few more holes to drill to finish it then will post embarrassing pics.
It was for that reason that I removed the trailer hitch when I got my zero turn mower. I was never going to use it, plus it stuck out about 4 inches. You couldn't see the hitch from the seat, so eventually, I would have hit something with it while operating in tight quarters. I still have the tractor for other duties.
Likes For Pompiere: