View Single Post
Old 04-20-24, 05:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4470 Post(s)
Liked 4,133 Times in 2,762 Posts
Yeah find a different mechanic, I am sorry that shop is not doing right by their customers. It is always quite sad when I hear stories like this granted we haven't yet heard the other side of why they thought a cracked rim is somehow safe when anyone could see it really isn't, While you could get lucky and it will hold and no issues you don't want to be around if it does fail on you while riding.

I would consider talking with the owner of the shop and asking them their opinion on the wheel and hopefully they will say no get a new one and then explain the situation of the previous person's view on the wheel and have them correct it. Nothing crazy or sorted just a hey just want to make you aware.

At my shop I will not tolerate unsafe stuff like this at all. Safety has to be of number 1 priority even as a business. Sending someone out on an unsafe bike just to make a buck is just wrong on so many levels. I would rather refuse a service and explain to a customer in a polite manner that hey this is what your bike needs to be safe or you need a new frame I am sorry we cannot work on this. I don't want people getting hurt out there. Also if I can fix someones brakes and it take 5 minutes I can write that off for a mechanic and just let the customer know what happened and that is was free maybe in the future when you get back on your feet pay it forward to someone else.
Likes For veganbikes: