Old 04-21-24, 10:34 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2515 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 531 Posts
Originally Posted by Duragrouch
I'm usually on the road, but if I see a large truck or bus coming from behind and there is sidewalk available, I dive onto the sidewalk. In the videos above, the bridge crossing is short, and, it appears there is more broken pavement on the right edge of the roadway than the sidewalk which appears smoother. Also, you have continuous sidewalk over the bridge, not uneven or interrupted by driveways, another vote. But if you stay on the road and the lanes are not wide enough, take the lane. Also, try biking with another person, it commands more respect and implies witness. Also, a camera symbol and "camera" on the back of a vest can help.

There was a recent story about a service where you can call if you get pulled over by the police, with a lawyer in full two-way contact. The moment the police realized they were on camera, they got more polite. "You called a lawyer for a ticket?" "Yep." Cameras help, especially if they are known.
Wow, you really believe all this? Do you really see the o.p. 'diving' onto that sidewalk if they need to bail? I don't. And I don't guess they would have much luck trying to line up total strangers interested in being ride along witnesses for their added security. I could tear your other points to pieces too, but I'll leave it here.