View Single Post
Old 04-22-24, 09:07 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10659 Post(s)
Liked 12,331 Times in 6,310 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Looks like I left the wine fridge door ajar all night in the garage. Now something is making an awful noise (the compressor)? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot it? It was sorta spendy so if the compressor is toast, I think Liz and I would try to purchase and install a new one.

EDIT: I just unplugged/re-plugged the power supply, and it started cooling and the noise went away. I wonder if it's fine and has some tough components in there!
I'm currently ensconced in the garage with my bikes, until at least Wednesday. I am not used to the sound of the freezer cycling on and off, so that messed up my sleep a little. In the middle of the night, you find yourself thinking, "Should it sound like that? Should it be on that long?" and "Should we even bother with this freezer?"

We got it around the time I was heavily into archery and flirting with bowhunting. Then I actually killed a couple deer, at the invitation of an Imaginary Friend in Montana, and it turns out Mrs, GJ doesn't like venison. Like, at all. And I wasn't going to spend all the money it takes to be a California bowhunter (because, mostly California bowhunters travel to other states to hunt).

So, now the freezer has a couple bags of frozen shrimp, because The Older Boy can't resist BOGO sales on jumbos. And some frozen food from Costco. And some of that frozen, organic dog food that Rango doesn't really like. But that stuff comes with great rubber bands, holding the packages together, which are perfect for afixing a handtowel to the handlebars on the trainer!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: