View Single Post
Old 04-23-24, 12:29 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10545 Post(s)
Liked 12,122 Times in 6,206 Posts
Just for grins, I measured HRV just now with HRV4Training. HR = 56, which is a little higher than the baseline 51-54 it has, and HRV is 7.5, which is below my "green range" of 8 - 8.6. So, that's better than I'd expected.

My idea is to rest up today, take another COVID test tomorrow, and if that's negative, probably go back to work. I'll also test HRV daily and if it's back in the green by Friday, I'll do a nice, gentle ride of no more than 20 miles and see how that goes.

It gives me a nice to not do the Mt Hamilton C&V ride scheduled for Saturday. I was flirting with the idea, and whether the Ritchey or the Battaglin, which both have 39x30 low gears, would be both C&V enough and low-geared enough. Hamilton is not really steep anywhere, but it is LONG. And there's a 300 foot descent in the middle of the climb, so you have to pay for the same altitude gain twice. Indeed, one guy (named Guy, as it happens) suggested starting from that low point. Well, anyway, the debate has been settled! No Mt Hamilton for Mrs. Smith's baby boy.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles