View Single Post
Old 04-23-24, 04:26 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10634 Post(s)
Liked 12,270 Times in 6,288 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
I sure wouldn't want to descend Hamilton on a C&V bike, although I did see a young and strong rider on a vintage Cinelli with toe clips the other day. I think he got a ride down in a van.

Hamilton has a few 8% sections, but they are not very long. Maybe 1/4 mile or so. Not quite steep steep, but noticeable.

There is one 300-foot descent, followed by another 200-foot descent. Good spots to catch your breath.

I'm heading there tomorrow for Humpday Hamilton, hoping to improve my time for the year. Last Sunday was a bust -- 40 seconds off my best of they year. I was well ahead of the pace until the last 3 miles, when the lights went out. I suspect the heat did me in.

Oh yeah, and I would never attempt Hamilton if I was sick or severely out of shape.
Well, to be fair, I was defining the RItchey and the Battaglin as "C&V" for the purpose of the ride. Both have dual pivot brakes, so they'd be fine. The RItchey already did it once.

Yeah, trust me - as soon as I saw that line appear on the COVID test, I knew anything even remotely epic was out for the rest of the month. I feel pretty good today - probably 90-95% of normal - but I'm also sitting on my ass and doing nothing more strenuous than typing.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: