cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked 697 Times in 464 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
For most riders the improvement in ride quality and grip are likely to be more important than any aero differences between them. Lower pressures are also a major advantage when running tubeless sealant.
Yeah Totally, 'comfort' is always an important criteria. But this can also vary quite a bit depending on the rider, so 'most' might be a little strong....
Rider mass and , to some extent, ride 'style' contributes a lot to the experience/process...
A rider of my weight, 145 ish lbs, is going to experience tire 'performance' based on tire size and running pressure different than someone even at 170 lbs, and that'll be way different from another who is 200+, and different from someone 120 ish lbs...
I'm constantly made of aware of this in the so many threads which talk about so many things, experiential, like ride quality, bike/tire performance, etc, where a 'comment' is made WITHOUT ANY reference to rider dimensions. There's often no way to put a comment into proper context, because that info is lacking...
so, me, riding my 23s at 80 psi, on a 19 in internal wheel, might be similar to another, larger rider riding their 25s at 100 psi...
it's great when a poster adds pertinent info...
anyway... hook vs hookless - interesting if data comes for any performance difference... difference in ease of mounting? prolly. My very limited experience with my wheels doesn't seem an issue with 'hooked'.
... thread has prompted me to go thru both HED and ZIPP sites (and other places) for any new info on wheels/rims...
Ride On
Yuri