Old 04-24-24, 09:35 PM
penlu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
The 1986 catalog is of "lightweights", not the whole product line.
This page has the 1986 catalog and seems sourced from the same scan. My impression was that the 1986 catalog covered more than just lightweights, though of course I don't know how complete it is. The summary at the top lists the categories "Lightweight Racing, Lightweight Touring, Technium, Sport Touring, Mountain Tour, Easy Ridin', BMX, and youth". Are the other ones e.g. BMX also lightweights?

Researching tons of bikes online, I have found tons of missing catalogs - they only exist if someone bothered to scan them.
Ok nice. This resolves my question of whether this is common. Suspected so because there were so many missing years, but I didn't know what the coverage was like. Is there a museum of these old catalogs sitting around somewhere?

I must say you are going to a lot of bother for a bike that is barely a step above a bike you could buy at Sears. Probably sold for $150 in the '80s. Is this worth your time?
Generally speaking the history of the bike per se is unlikely to be worth anything tangible to me; I'm just asking questions out of interest. Looking over old catalogs has been fun and educational. I appreciate the assistance! Hopefully I haven't been taking up too much forum bandwidth.

I have spent more than $150 on maintaining the bike. Guess I should perhaps stop doing that and look at new ones. So it was perhaps worth it just to have learned this!