Old 04-25-24, 07:45 AM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked 2,695 Times in 973 Posts
Originally Posted by Smaug1
You're probably right, but you're carrying two heavy locks!
On the other hand, when a typical American thief sees a LiteLok, he doesn't know that they're angle grinder resistant, so he'll try and ruin the lock anyhow. Maybe two U-locks and the psychological discouragement that entails is even better than one cut-proof lock!
And for a $350 bike? They definitely won't bother.

For that pic, it appears that the lower end of the lock is unsecured. It will slap around and make all kinds of noise. You could secure it better with velcro ties, which are getting cheap for the GOOD ones at Home Depot.
Rear racks don't normally make for good fenders, as they're usually open in the middle. Topeak MTX is an exception and they have the advantage of having a whole system of luggage the easily slides and latches on and off. I think Bontrager has a similar system at double the cost. (as usual for them)
You're right. It does flap and make noise. Doesn't bother me as I ride in traffic a lot and can't hear it usually. Tried the ties but didn't like the extra step when locking/unlocking. My rack provides some fender service but not really.

@msu2001la the rack and pannier came from the LBS. I told them what I wanted, mostly commuting and they showed me some options. The bag is an Axiom, IDK on the rack. But that's my recommendation, look at some systems at the bike stores.

BTW: the Topeak & Bontrager luggage systems looked good. But I went cheaper.
Likes For locolobo13: