Old 04-25-24, 07:28 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Liked 1,863 Times in 1,061 Posts
Originally Posted by rdf37
I had just finished up a wonderful gravel ride that was so very satisfying. I was running thoughts through my head about how wonderful it was to be back on bike with the attitude I had in my youth. No racing worries or competition...just simple fun riding and enjoying the outdoors. I wheeled my bike into the house and leashed the dogs up to take them outside. Waling out door I lost balance and fell off porch! My rib took the full impact of the concrete and now I am sitting here after x-rays with rib 4 through 8 broken and rib seven offset!!!!!!!!!!! Painful ad frustrating!!!! Here my wife was worried about me riding again and it was the trip out my door that did me in!!!!! I am flat out Frustrated over my mishap! Sheesh...I cant win for losing!
From this wonderful relaxing pic to disaster and locked up in house with no ability to ride at moment!!!!!
Has anyone had multiple broken ribs and how long before you were able to get back on bike?
rdf37
Yikes, ribs are the worse. You realize every muscle in the body links back to it. I broke 5 ribs once it took me about 9 weeks to feel somewhat normal, the soft tissue bruising on top of the rib was absolutely miserable. The ribs themselves eventually, maybe 3 or 4 weeks, felt ok enough to where I could actually sleep in a bed. Up until then I was sleeping in a recliner, and I would not really call it sleeping, it was more like cat naps. I got a back brace that kept my body from moving or bending so that helped a lot to eliminate causing pain, and I do not like taking pain meds, but I had to on this for about a week until the swelling subsided and relieved pressure off my upper chest area.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 04-25-24 at 07:31 PM.