Old 04-27-24, 04:20 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 510 Times in 408 Posts
The gearing changes noted are not that expensive. However, it's still money, and best to look before you leap. I did plenty of calculations before my own conversion from 1X to 2X on a folder, and the results were exactly as planned. But for factors that cannot be changed such as frame and fork geometry, sounds like it would be good to sample some bikes that might be more ideal in that respect. But that's a lot more money, unless you get a good trade-in or sale price on your current bike. It's truly astonishing these days, the parts available to make minor adjustments in bike fit, if the frame is generally the correct size; I have a one-size-fits-all *folder*, supposed to fit between 4'8" and 6'3" height, the diverging angles of the handlebar riser/stem and the seatpost to increase the effecting top tube length as both go up, helps a lot. But other adjustments in seat position, handlebars, aero bars (and I need spacers to raise those with respect to the handlebars), have resulted in a really good fitting bike for me. Try out other bikes, if one feels better, take measurements and notes on difference in geometry versus your current bike; Once the seat is adjusted for you in height and fore/aft (with respect to bottom bracket center), what is the horizontal distance between the seat and handlebars, what is the height difference between the two, etc. Because I would think fit comes foremost in importance.