View Single Post
Old 04-27-24, 09:16 PM
Sierra_rider

Bikes: Santa Cruz Blur 4 TR, Canyon Endurace cf sl, Canyon Ultimate cf slx, Canyon Strive enduro, Canyon Grizl sl8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked 1,117 Times in 427 Posts
Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX
I'm always tempted to treat myself to a whopper during my rides, however, I'm positive I won't be able to make it back. 😂
Originally Posted by 50PlusCycling
On my longer rides I usually treat myself to a steak and a beer when I get home. But I was hungry, and could smell the flame-broiled goodness.

I could have ordered this, it was 1990 yen (about $14), but I probably wouldn’t have been able to keep it down. But I will order it on my next trip, just to be able to say I did.
With all the hills around here, it's just not a good idea for me to get a big mid-ride meal. However, I'll go all-out once I'm done riding...I really love eating and was beyond ecstatic when I saw that I was in a 4k calorie deficit after today's ride. I ended up demolishing 1/2 of a medium pizza and putting back a couple IPAs. Maybe not the best recovery meal, but I had some greens too and even a protein shake. Also some locally baked sourdough bread I could've killed for a burger too, but that would've been a further 10 minutes of driving.
Likes For Sierra_rider: