View Single Post
Old 04-28-24, 08:58 AM
Kona_stig

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Mystery mixte (Jeunet?) gets a do-over... again

Funny thing about growing up in the internet age... sometimes you end up finding old forum accounts that you haven't used since you were a literal child. Yikes. ANYWAY, the mixte.

I'll start with the back story: I bought this old single speed/coaster brake mixte back in 2011 or so.

I commuted on it for a while then eventually moved and the bike sat outside for an extended period (). At some point I decided that it deserved better so I revived it with some fresh parts and a color change....

... Then, on the 3rd ride, got cut off in town by a 1 ton pickup and caught the trailer hitch with my front wheel and put an end to that. This event rather dampened my interest in riding in town so the bike went back to sitting unused (indoors, at least) In time I found a cheap front wheel but never really ended up riding it much. Then, in 2022, I sold the bike to make space. I'm really a modern MTB guy, after all. That brings us to about a week ago when I happened to see it listed on fb Marketplace and immediately bought it back.

Getting stuff together to give it a do-over... again. Since originality is LONG out the window (before I bought it) I'm not too worried about it. Its just here for the vibes. Already ordered a shorter stem and upright bars (for comfort) and some side pull brakes (for dodging trucks), and would like to add a internally geared hub at some point for a little practicality boost. A repaint is also in order, probably sticking to a similar color.

​​​​​​​

Last edited by Kona_stig; 04-30-24 at 06:41 PM.
Likes For Kona_stig: