View Single Post
Old 04-28-24, 12:37 PM
DaccordiDolan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I'm glad this thread was revived, as it is timely for me. I just built a wheel with a 7403 hub. Someone led me to believe I could put a 10-speed cassette on. I succeeded, but it was tricky. The last cog stuck out a lot, and it was hard to put the lock ring on. I jiggled a lot to make sure everything was compressed, and eventually, it went on.

Are there lock rings with deeper threads that can make me feel safer? I know it's probably safe enough.

I know I'll need some weird-azz tool to remove the freehub. A friend of mine might have one already.
Glad you managed to build yours - mine is still not quite there....I had to use an earlier DA 7402 rear hub as it had 36 holes (7403 only had 32) and have attached a HG freehub to it...the earlier hubs were slightly different profile to the 8SIS ones and although I think its going to work the spoke lengths are tricky - so bloody complex, but the hub is mirror polished and just too pretty to revert back to 600 or 105...I think I need to learn just one or two more swear words and I will have it! bestw rich