Old 04-28-24, 04:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4485 Post(s)
Liked 4,158 Times in 2,782 Posts
Instead of getting involved with the forum you decided to just bump your own thread. Not a good start the whole point of this forum is to talk about bikes not to bump your own threads.

Yes a multi-use path (MUP) can be semi dangerous because you are dealing with other humans who are unpredictable but in the end if you have good spatial awareness and some reasonable bike control you will be generally fine. I personally don't enjoy riding on these paths and prefer the road which is also unpredictable but maybe a little bit more because there are rules most people follow. Occasionally the bike path has some idiots going in the wrong direction and even more occasionally a pedestrian but they usually get out of the way but that is not often. I would rather deal with that then so many others not paying attention and not really following any sort of rules except some they made up in their head that says "I do what I want, sharing sucks".

Also as of note no need to mention L.A. completely irrelevant these days. However there are people who do use the path as their own personal training ground but there are so many worse people on the path and the training road cyclists are generally gone in a flash I worry less about them.

For the future get involved with the forums, there are so many current threads going on with great discussions and great questions being asked. You don't have to insulate yourself in your own thread. That is how you continue being scared to get out into the world.
Likes For veganbikes: