Old 04-28-24, 06:01 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3364 Post(s)
Liked 2,197 Times in 1,245 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
What city are you talking about? I want to be reminded not to visit there.
I would bet bottom dollar it’s NYC. They likely have one of the largest cycling infrastructure of any U.S. city and certainly have a lot of entitled cyclists who meet the OP’s description. Not sure what the complaint is exactly. NY is nit Amsterdam, that’s for sure. I check in on a webcam at a university somewhere j. holland, the place in front of the library, where a few hundred people leave their city bikes on provided bike racks. Nobody locks the bikes and I gather few get stolen. I infer this as I watch folks walk to a spot wheee they have left there bikes, and ride off. They certainly have a different riding experience then NYC, where even with a pretty good network of paths and bike lanes, cyclists are still stressed by the attitude of those in cars and trucks to get off the road. Tends to make some cyclists a bit testy and less than law abiding as they negotiate a crowded urban area.