MilhouseJ

Bikes: Probably too many...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by scared_cyclist
Hello everyone,

Because of work schedules, and a lack of a car, I only have access to one bike trail in Toronto.

I am terrified of getting into a head on collision with the careless lyrca lance armstrong types riding in tandem, e-bikes, dirtbikes, electric unicycles, and scooters that just rip it along the trail.

Is my fear unrealistic, or can I get hurt colliding with them? The point is I ride very carefully, but I cannot control if someone like this collides into me. This is the bike path I use, and these are the types of people I see on the path:

Apparently if you are a new user, you are not allowed to post links until you have made 10 posts - so please go to ****** cycling and search for the same title as this to see the video link. It would also be appreciated if you could post the links here.

I googled cyclist/cyclist collision and stumbled upon this youtube channel.

Apparently if you are a new user, you are not allowed to post links until you have made 10 posts - so please go to ****** cycling and search for the same title as this to see the video link. It would also be appreciated if you could post the links here.

Please have a look at the 7:00 and 8:55 markers.

I didn't know you could get this injured colliding into a cyclist. I have a family to support and cannot afford injury. They rely on me. I am also an avid runner and tennis player, so giving up cycling would not affect me too much. Please share your thoughts.
If you ride while focusing on everything that could happen to you, you likely won't get much in the way of enjoyment out of it. I've ridden many shared paths, and by far the biggest danger is the clueless tuned-out pedestrian who's looking at a screen in their hands with earbuds in their ears. Unleashed dogs are in a distant second place.
Likes For MilhouseJ: