View Single Post
Old 04-29-24, 02:44 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Liked 2,397 Times in 1,353 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
The only thing that bothers me about this line of thinking is, what's good for the goose is good for the ganger, and this is just one mistake away from "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there" after an accident. I suppose it's a matter of how much care you take to be sure everything is clear, but the same could be said for drivers.
We all are aware that the typical traffic laws enacted are generally appropriate for motorized vehicles, but not necessarily for cyclists. Thus some states are changing their traffic laws for cyclists to allow a slow and look for a stop sign and a stop and look, then proceed for a red light. I am frequently at a light where I can tell the sensor isn’t triggering the light for me to proceed as I am not a 3,000 metal vehicle. Is the law then appropriate for a cyclist ?. No.

I am frequently running red lights in a bike. Am I concerned with what a driver seeing me do this thinks ?, hell no. For every motorist getting their panties in a wad over me running a red light on a bike, they need to stop and look at their own behavior of speeding, failing to us a turn signal, cell phone use while driving, running red lights, etc…..I’m doing what I need to do to safely ride my bike in traffic.
Likes For Steve B.: