Old 04-29-24, 03:01 PM
MilhouseJ

Bikes: Probably too many...

Liked 158 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
There's no difference between e-bikes, e-scooters, e-mopeds, e-whatevers. It doesn't matter if it has a hand throttle, a pedal sensor, or any other type of power control.

Any machine that allows a noob to move faster than their natural capability is a recipe for getting that noob into trouble, often at the expense of someone else who gets taken out simultaneously.

When a real cyclist is bombing along at a high rate of speed, I know they have years of riding experience because they had to work up to that fitness. When an e-noob is bombing along, I know they just bought the thing yesterday. It's not hard to figure out which one is a greater danger.

I'm not saying every e-biker out there is a noob. I'm sure plenty of you are experienced riders. I'm talking about the average. You can tell in an instant when someone is an experienced riders vs a casual, just from the way they handle their bike.

With regards to the OP of this thread: sorry to say this but it sounds like cycling isn't very suitable for your personality.
Yeah, it isn't worth thinking about all of the ways we could be injured or turned into chunky salsa/people-lasagna, it just ruins the fun. Yes, a healthy dose of "I understand that this could kill me" is reasonable, but it shouldn't become a crippling fear.
Likes For MilhouseJ: