Old 04-30-24, 09:02 AM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked 912 Times in 513 Posts
Originally Posted by bblair
Which begs the question: When is it a new bike?

New wheels, new seat, new chain and cassette, new shifters and chainrings and tires? No honey, I just did some maintenance.

I’m 100% certain that on my Yelli, I could get carbon wheels, an XX1 AXS drivetrain, and whatever else I wanted if I could make sure it came in the mail on the right day OR it just happened while the bike was in the shop for a brake bleed.

I’m actually not planning on any of that, since all my bikes are exactly how I want them.

If I wreck one of my Stan’s Crest wheels on the gravel bike, it’ll be replaced with a 1200gm wheelset. That’s the entire list, I must be living right.

My wife is a badass skier, to the point that sometimes it’s a bit scary to follow her and I’m no slouch. She understands the need for new ski gear. This winter I did a ton of research into a new all mountain setup on sale, I placed the order and figured I should probably tell her since that’s a big box. That’s when she told me about the new fat powder skis of hers that were due to show up the next day.
Likes For rosefarts: