Old 04-30-24, 01:07 PM
Strawbunyan
StillNewbieButInGrey

Bikes: 1982 Austro Daimler SLE, Eastern Alpaka 29er

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 102 Posts
Where i live people dont believe in keep their dogs in fences or tied up or inside so 100s of them just run the streets. One of the local terriers races me when i go passed his yard and had been beating and keeping up with me easily on the MTB. NOT TODAY! I Smoked his butt, he is gonna have to stick to chasing the pill heads on the rusty huffies now(not a joke, they are the only other people around here i see on bikes)
I found uphill with this gearing to be alot less painful than i imagined it would be. I dont like spinning anyway, the act of turning my legs 5 times for one turn of the wheel feels horrific to me, always has. I want to get a sticker for my stem that says "Just pedal harder"...having said that, my legs hurt but not the muscles really, more like all my connective tissues in my hips, pelvis and inner knees. I dont know how much of that is me getting back into shape and how much is to be contributed to saddle height and position or pedal setup. I guess if it doesnt improve after a while it is a fit issue and not a fitness issue...time will tell i suppose.
also, i dont know why, maybe the geometry or the lower bars? But standing up on this bike feels way more natural and pleasant than it did on the other bike.
Likes For Strawbunyan: