Old 04-30-24, 09:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4522 Post(s)
Liked 4,222 Times in 2,825 Posts
Originally Posted by Awesomeguy
so you are saying to get a professional bike fit ?
Precisely! It can do wonders for your comfort on the bike and for dealing with pain off the bike. You want to find someone who does dynamic fit meaning they have you on a bike they can adjust in real time and track your motions and really get in depth. Also a good fitter will know some sports medicine and a lot about bikes and such so it can be quite a good experience. My fit happened to be Retül but I know there are others,

The problem is there is a stigma built around fitting that it is only for those who race but that is beyond the case. Fitting is designed to optimize your position on your bike. For someone racing it is probably to get the most comfortable aerodynamic position and trying to eek out every last little bit of performance but for really everyone it is about getting someone comfortable on the bike. Everyone's fit will be different but in the end it is trying to get comfortable on the bike and make you be able to ride it better.

I remember getting mine and I felt relatively comfortable before but after it felt like a rocket ship because I felt really good on it. I like being comfortable and I like to be more upright and more so now but I remember my first ride after the fit and I was racing up a hill I would normally not have done so on I just felt really good everything was perfect fit wise and the pedal extensions helped and the insoles were excellent it just improved things so much.