Old 05-01-24, 10:14 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6383 Post(s)
Liked 4,981 Times in 3,429 Posts
Drop bars now have shorter reach to them as well as a shallower drop than many of the old style drop bars from BITD. And some of the old bars just don't seem to get STI's or whatever Campy's name is for them at the right angle to the bar.

So maybe a new bar and maybe a shorter stem yet. I really like the new shallow reach shallow drop bars that we have today. They let you stay on the hoods in a more aero position than did the old bars.

Most of us like the hoods pointed almost straight ahead to have the body almost parallel to the ground. Some might angle them inward too.

Oh, I found your picture of the bike...

https://www.bikeforums.net/g/picture/33656173

Till you get the 10 posts and maybe a day later, all you need to do is tell us you uploaded to the Gallery and we can find it.

I'd want those shifters a little further down the curve and the bar rotated so the top of the bar is more horizontal. But that's going to leave those drops pointing more downward. Which you might actually like, but other tend to think looks funny. My drops point toward the rear hub. Some people tell me I'm wrong for that.

That old style "7" stem will be a issue for many things to come. If you are industrious enough, you might want to consider changing it to threadless. But that takes some brazing experience or money for someone else's experience. But you can get adapters that have a quill on the end but allow for a pista type stem.

Last edited by Iride01; 05-01-24 at 10:28 AM.