View Single Post
Old 05-01-24, 01:44 PM
TXRunner78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ArgoMan
Hey TX! I just did my first sprint two weekends ago. First off, go join "SlowTwitch", as it's essentially a site dedicated to the triathlete. Huge source of info and the participants are ridiculously helpful. For a first sprint, you'll find that the bike ride is typically around the 9-mile mark, at least in California sprints where I'm at. I'd say about 30% of the participants at the sprint I went to were riding every-day type cruisers, mountain bikes, and such. Half were riding a variety of road bikes of all sorts. I rode a racy geometry road bike with aero extensions. The consideration is that if you buy a road bike and then subsequently get crazy about competing, you'll find your self wanting to move to a dedicated TT bike. I already have that tri bug and bought a TT frame just today! So,can you borrow a bike or get a quality road bike on the cheap? Just about any roadie will serve you well.
Congratulations on your first sprint! I enjoyed reading the recap. I will definitely be reading up more. Thank you also for the reference for SlowTwitch. I will check that out! I am definitely looking for a roadie on the cheap. Since I know nothing about bikes (but my buddy is helping me out as best as he can), just looking for guidance. I have my eye on one right now, but it is one I have got mixed responses about. I will go make a post about the specs elsewhere as to stop cluttering your post about your sprint. Congrats again on that!!!