View Single Post
Old 05-01-24, 01:55 PM
TXRunner78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ArgoMan
Thanks. I was road-biking well prior to taking on the tri thing. So, run any questions you have by me and I think I can be a resource for you. You can really go down the rabbit hole spending on a road bike, which may end up being a terrible thing for you if you eventually decide to get a dedicated TT bike for tri's.
Appreciate the good will. So the goal is to do the sprint to get my feet wet (no pun intended) and if I find that I want to keep up with it, I want to train to do Iron Man TX next year. I am a marathon runner, but don't do any swimming or biking. So just getting into that. Of course I want to keep the spending to a minimal until I know I am going to keep up with it. A bike I found on the local CL caught my eye. It appears to be the size I need (I am 6'1"). I don't know the model year of the bike.

Specialized Transition Elite
°Frame: Max AeroTec E5™.
°Frame Size 58 cm. XL (Picture measurements in image)
°Wheels 700x23 C.
°Changes 2x9.
°Carbon seat post.
°IRONMAN Carbon Triathlon Handlebar.
°"FACT" Carbon Fork
°Shimano ULTREGA derailleur.

The price is right in the ballpark where I am looking to pay. One buddy said that it seems to be a great price for that back. Another one said no to that bike. So just looking for some more feedback.