Old 05-01-24, 03:04 PM
TheBlackPumpkin

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock - 2009 | Specialized Roll

Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Eds0123
How about Salsa bikes? Salsacycles.com, check warbird and or cutthroat there, a bit more expensive but you can use both 700C or 650B on both frames,
I'll give Salsa a deeper look. I should've mentioned I'm not really into Carbon frames due to how brittle they're made to seem by anyone I know that has one. Additionally alloy frames tend to have higher stock weight limits so while I have experience ignoring weight limits I tend to try to go with whatever is higher when I can.

Originally Posted by Maelochs
A few companies make indestructible thread-together BBs for pressfits ... I use Wheels Mfg but there are others. I hear Shimano bb 72-41b pressfit bottom bracket is a good replacement and is pretty cheap.

My main comment is .. . Wow, congrats on the weight loss and keep going. I wish i could drop pounds like that, or even a fraction. You certainly are ready for a new bike.

There are a few bikes out there with a sort of cartridge front dropout which allows one to swap between 700 and 650 without changing the geometry, but if you have wheels you want to use and you like the Canyon, and don't mind wrenching a little ....
Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long road, don't let my short post fool you lol. I started the struggle in I believe like, 2016. Stayed around 450 for several years, got into the gym 3 times a week last april and dropped another 100 but was also aided by Wegovy. I'll look into what's involved with replacing the bottom bracket and how viable a long term solution it is. I'm still learning. I'm generally weary of buying a bike if I have to do too much to it off the shelf just to "get it riding". I'm also being put off just by how many proprietary Canyon components there are, so.