View Single Post
Old 05-01-24, 04:23 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 244 Posts
FYI, I sent an email late yesterday to the Traffic division of the Arlington police department. I described my siting of the electric motorbike and included the same picture I posted here.
I got this reply early today from an Arlington police officer:

"So, you're essentially saying you saw/are seeing a moped on the bike path. E-bikes are allowed because they do not fall under the new definition of a "motorized vehicle" and the town has not elected to ban them from our section of the trail; mopeds still aren't allowed.

If you have a usual time and area where you see this moped on the trail, please let us know and we'll try to have someone monitor the area to gain compliance
"

My interpretation is that he is stating that an electrified bike that does not meet any of the three ebike classifications, and is therefore a moped, is not allowed on the MM. If we (concerned users of the MM) can narrow down when/where this moped can be observed, they are willing to attempt compliance.

Tom
Likes For bike_tom: