View Single Post
Old 05-01-24, 11:02 PM
JSNYC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
thanks for that info. you answered my questions on rear spacing implications.

Originally Posted by OneIsAllYouNeed
Light Bicycle rims are great. The "road" wheelset on my tandem, single, and wife's single all have LB rims.
That hub selection would be a poor fit for your tandem. Your frame is meant for 145mm quick release hubs. The DT 240 is a 142mm x 12mm thru axle hub. They're different standards. If you converted the 142x12 hub to quick release, it would end up being a 135mm wide hub (10mm narrower than you need) because of the difference in quick release and thru axle standards. There's a hack that'll let you use 148mm x 12mmm thru axle hubs on a 145mm quick release frame, but the disc mount on the hub ends up being 4mm off from standard. Your safest bet is to use a real tandem hub meant for 145mm quick release spacing. I'm a huge fan of White Industries XMRT hubs -- I have two wheelsets with them for my tandem.
For the rest of the wheelset, I'm wary of the low spoke count. 28 is likely fine; 32 is plenty. It's also not clear what spokes you'd be getting. Sapim makes weight weenie spokes, heavy duty spokes, and everything in between.