Old 05-02-24, 03:03 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 103 Posts
Originally Posted by danko
I'm looking for something reasonably fast but without the marginal (if any) gains of:
-Headset cable routing
-Press-fit BB (I know that's not truly proprietary)
-Non-round seatposts
-Proprietary stems/headsets/forks
-Other proprietary stuff that I can't easily remove/change.

Budget is around ~$2500-3000ish. Endurance because I want 50/34 cranks and (at least the option to put in) an 11-34 cassette. Geometry can be more on the racy side though. Also needs to have some way to mount fenders since I live near Seattle.

Closest I could find was the All-City Zig-Zag which looks good but a bit pricey for what it is and somewhat heavy. Also would have to change out the 52/36 cranks.

The Canondale Synapse 3L/2LE looks good too but I would definitely have to get rid of the SmartSense stuff.

Any other contenders?

Aethos granted it's not an Endurance bike but a very compliant bike. Non integrated cables. 27.2mm seat post with a normal collar. Comes with a top down saddle rail clamp that can do oval or round saddles rails. Uses a 31.8mm stem clamp. BSA BB. Has routing for mechanical. It's also a Specialized product thus finding parts is super easy. Only qualm if you even would call it one is that the Aethos requires you run a 160mm front rotor. Now is the Aethos the fastest bike, no but with a deeper wheelset and maybe some aero bars (non integrated) you are aero enough. Aethos Comps are $4K which is above your budget but I am sure you could find a used one for cheaper

Last edited by Jrasero; 05-02-24 at 03:06 PM.
Likes For Jrasero: