Old 05-02-24, 05:58 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3,108 Times in 1,979 Posts
Originally Posted by Sierra_rider
I haven't really put that much though into it. If I classify it as a racing discipline, I'm a good XC MTB racer and a "meh" gravel racer. I spend most of my cycling time riding road bikes, but I don't race them.

If I'm going after actual strengths on the bike...I guess I'd probably consider myself a "puncheur," someone good at short, but steep climbs. I'm not quite a pure sprinter, but I'm not really a TT guy either...I'm good somewhere in the middle. Lately, I've been trying to morph myself into somewhat of a climber, but that's a bit of an uphill struggle. I dropped quite a bit of weight and am competent on long climbs, but I just don't have that ectomorph climber physique.

Even though I do race and take it quite seriously, I don't really define myself by it. If I had to define myself as a cyclist, it might just be someone who's into adventure. I really enjoy racing, but long rides through the mountains might be my favorite things in cycling.
when i was trying to progress in climbing on longer rides, it was becoming a slippery slope with managing a good diet. It was a balancing act [almost] keeping the leg muscle strength, yet be mindful of the mass weight for those peaky peaks.