View Single Post
Old 05-05-24, 07:29 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2968 Post(s)
Liked 3,049 Times in 1,556 Posts
Originally Posted by 701gravel
New guy here- Ive posted a separate thread bjt this looks like the place to be. I recently came across what I suspect to be an ‘88ish Bianchi, but would love some help narrowing down the model and year. I am going to be cleaning it up, checking bearing points, getting it running well, but if something goes south I would like to have the original parts specs. I have ran through the catalogues, and the best guess I can come up with is an 88 Trofeo. Heres what I know:

Celeste color, celeste seat, celeste fork, two bottle mounts, air pump holder peg

Frame: Formula 2 columbus
Fork: Formula columbus, celeste (color throws me off)
Headset: Miche
Handlebar: 3t
Stem: Black 3t (this throws me off)
crankset: ofmega
pedals: ofmega
derailleur: suntour Sprint 9000
shift lever/set: suntour (index power control)
seat post: 3t
hubsets: miche

Most pictures I see for this bike are with a black fork and not a 3t black stem. Any help
or feedback would be appreciated! I would share some pictures but I am new to the forum. Best I can do is the profile picture. There is a picture of it in the thread I made, with a picture reply. Serial on the bottom is 2730 and 8•1(or I)

appreciate any help!

I agree very, likely an '88 Trofeo, but simply in a different color than the Argentine scheme. Which Bianchi Project do you have? I never see them listed for sale.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk