Old 05-14-24, 04:43 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4574 Post(s)
Liked 5,113 Times in 3,157 Posts
Originally Posted by michaelm101
Yes. I'm a lifelong tennis player and coach who was injured in a car crash. I turned to cycling to take some of the place of tennis.
Trying to make comeback to tennis due to the following experiences:

I'm having run-ins with electric craft of all sorts; e-bikes, scooters, skateboards, and even electric motorcycles
GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION IN THE BIKE LANES.

1) I was making a right turn at night and avoided a HEAD ON COLLISION with a scooter traveling THE WRONG WAY WITH NO LIGHTS.

2) Two E-motorcyles approached me HEAD ON where I had to veer beside speeding auto traffic. AS they passed, I dodged one rider who stuck his foot out in an attempt to strike me.

3) Just minutes later, another electric scooter was coming toward me IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

These incidents continue each time I travel in the bike lane.

Generally speaking, the new two-wheeled traveler is not what is defined as a "cyclist." This traveler appears to have a completely different mindset that tends to be, 1) self-centered, and 2) disrespectful of others who share the road with them.
Some would even classify as punks/criminals, like the rider who tried to assault/kick me while passing me head-on.
This is more of a reflection of your local population than it is about “electric craft”. These idiots were always lurking around before they had e-bikes-/scooters. You are just more aware of them now 😂