Old 05-14-24, 05:26 AM
Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 132 Posts
I also don't ride on paths intended for people on foot. There were and still are such paths everywhere in the Twin Citiies(Minnesota), even back in the 80's. The only times I used the paths were, if there were no people on them, as as bypass/shortcut through/around certain areas. People on foot and bikes just doesn't mix unless one is moving no faster than the fastest runner and with your head on a swivel, so to speak. Even cars passing cars is sketchy enough as you never really know if the passed is going to hold their space. Pedestrians in a even more confined space even more so, they can turn on a dime any moment. It seems to me these paths are designed by people with "good intentions" but little foresight or experience as to the real-world use of them for everyone who uses them. It really has nothing to do with e-bikes specifically, just bikes in total. I wouldn't even want to walk on such a path myself because bicycles are invited. Being on-guard 360 for a high speed bicycle doesn't make for a pleasant walk.