View Single Post
Old 07-08-06, 05:25 AM
CdCf
Videre non videri

Bikes: 1 road bike (simple, light), 1 TT bike (could be more aero, could be lighter), 1 all-weather commuter and winter bike, 1 Monark 828E ergometer indoor bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Couldn't be bothered to read all three pages, but it's pure stupidity and recklessness to diminish your ability to hear what's around you by using earphones. Not only does it put you in a much greater danger from other traffic (you can't hear if a car is coming behind and towards you or just passing you to the side), but it also impedes other cyclists riding faster than yourself, when they can't raise your attention to get you to move out of the way.

This second issue is one I encounter almost every day riding to and from school. People cruising along on their too-large uprights, no helmet and white cables coming out of their ears. No amount of shouting or ringing my bell will get them to notice me. Only when I slowly creep by them do they startle out of their musical cocoons and swerve away from me. Like it matters then - I'm past them by then...

Stupid, STUPID idiots!