View Single Post
Old 10-02-06, 02:58 PM
Bluechip

Bikes: Salsa Fargo Ti, Cannondale CAAD9, Carbonello Fixed Gear, Specialized Epic Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
My first was around 1987. It was called the Dripping Springs Classic and was somewhere west of Austin, TX. I am from totally flat Houston and the hills had quite an effect on me. The last 15 miles were torture. I think my total time was just under 6 hours. But what I remember most about the ordeal was visiting a friend in Chorpus the previous 3 or 4 days before leaving for my sisters house in Austin. I got a late start and didn't get into Austin until midnight. I had to get up by 5:30 to make it to DS. I grabbed a quick breakfast (probably Pop Tarts) and headed out. After the ride I headed back to Houston. BTW all the non bicycle travel was by motorcycle with bike on the back. I made it home by 6pm or so only to recieve a phone call from a girl who wanted to go out to the Rodeo at the Astodome. We went to the fair, ate a bunch of greasy food and did a bunch of the spinning and rollor coaster type rides. It was the first and only time I have ever puked on a ride. I felt pretty bad and we had to leave early. I guess it was a little too much for the day.