Old 05-06-07, 05:32 PM
bikingMILF
Ms Congeniality

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what are those things called? and who uses them? lol

ok, so being new to road biking (holy crap the bug has bitten me...this is way more of a rush than MTB...anyways....) the people at the LBS spent about 3 hours measuring me and fitting me on my bike, so i'm pretty sure i've got a good fit. but the posture change from MTB and road cycling is drastic. I have horrible posture as it is, you know, when sitting places other than my bikes, and i have a tendancy to roll my shoulders foward some. i guess its because i have always been self conscious about being 6 feet tall and towering over everyone.

ANYWAYS, I was thinking that maybe i could accessorize with those forearm thingies, but i dont know what they are called. and i dont know who uses them, so im not sure if it's an appropriate accessory for me or what. you guys have got to know what im referring to. its those things that some cyclists use instead of having their hands on the handle bars. they look SO comfy, being able to rest your whole forearm ...my big problem is i lock my elbows. i try very hard not to, but i do, despite how often i correct myself. im thinking that perhaps these forearms thingies might help with that, and i wont have to worry about painfull elbows every time i end a ride.

any help and/or advice would be appreciated. any giggling at my inexperience will not be. LOL!