View Single Post
Old 07-22-07, 09:48 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by johann
Ultimate, yes, to me though it might seem a bit overkill. I am glad my Xtracycle has a 7-speed internal hub. But if you insist on low-gravity in the front, here's the American version that would certainly mate up with an Xtracycle. I believe Worksman can configure just about any hub you would want on the rear (except maybe they don't stock Rohloffs

If you insist on carrying the big loads up front and in back, Worksman has something there as well...

Lots of options for configuring Worksman bikes, and always a fun site for the cargo-bike minded to visit:

Worksman Bicycles
Worksman is all about 'cargo' but their main focus is industrial cargo use. As far as special hubs
etc. you can get anything you want as long as Worksman has an industrial market already.
Rohloff hubs are not an industrial item so the choice is single speed,3 speed, or 7 speed. Period.

IMO, in America, Worksman IS THE ultimate cargo bike. Built like a tank and will carry more than
you can pedal.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?