View Single Post
Old 02-07-08, 06:03 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,048 Times in 1,883 Posts
Originally Posted by Mason Red
Fixing up the old Fuji and saw this. Sorry I’m late getting the information but maybe it will help or confirm your data. Its original except replaced saddle and I have that. I didn’t see anything else on the derailleur but will be happy to look if needed. T-mar you helped on a centurion, and if I understand this is a March 84 bike.
Boulevard
valite 616
#SC419004
derailleurs suntour ar
power thumb shifter
crank S 170 GC 8

Was this an entry level bike?
Yes, March 1984. I don't have anything specific on a 1984 Boulevard, but I do have info on the 1985 Boulevard XC, which cost $350 US and has higher model derailleurs. I also found a 1984 Fuji ATB advertisement referenceing 3 models: Boulevard, Sundance and Mt. Fuji. I know the latter two were above the Boulevard, so it does appear to be their entry level ATB that year. As a quick sanity check, I compared it to Miyata's offerings. They also offered 3 ATBs, with their entry level model being AR equipped. While none of this is definitive, the Boulevard appears to have been their entry level ATB and probably sold for about $300 US.

I think we have a pretty good confidnce in the serial number format, so while a check of the derailleur date code would be nice, it is not of any priority. Thxs for posting.