View Single Post
Old 09-23-08, 07:48 PM
brett jerk
zizeked

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys. Thanks for the advice regarding it being a luxury, but judging from the amount of people who are currently in lesotho/have been volunteers there who have macbooks ipods and all sorts of other fancy expensive stuff, I'm not real concerned with that aspect of it.

Lesotho also has much better roads and such than most impoverished nations.

It is possible that I will be given a mountainbike, but it will be a really crappy trek frame, I'm looking to do some serious rides while I'm out there, and while a full mtb might be nice at times, it would suck for touring, so I'd much rather have a cyclocross style bike that I could do touring on and still get some decent mileage. I'd be able to use a lot of things I already have, like a wheelset, brakes and stuff, I'd really just need the frame

I'm not completely sure that I'll bring anything out there, but I'd like to know what people recommend if I'm given the opportunity to go out there with one.

At worst I'll bring my own seat, a rack, some cork tape, my bike gloves, some patch kits and tubes as well as my tools. These I can use to perform surgery on whatever bike I get out there (I will definitely consider picking one up locally, but this may not be an option).

Also, I would definitely bring a full set of tools and a whole lot of spare parts

ps: it'll be teaching English